Mr. Joel Kirui
Head of Business Department
The core mandate of the Business Studies Department includes providing assistance to enable the institution fulfill its short, medium- and long-term objectives. As the Head of Department, I am responsible for identifying and initiating courses and programs relevant to the requirements of existing and potential learners. The department endeavors to develop competent and morally upright business managers for the increasingly globalised business environment. This is in line with KTVC vision of being a Centre of Excellence for Technical and Vocational Education and Training”.
Brief history of the Department
The department exists as a pioneer department of KTVC. One decade ago, the department was huge incorporated with ICT department. A spilt was done and ICT department was curved out of Business department. The department has professional and competent staffs able to serve trainees with right values, skills and knowledge.
The department has ensured constant improvement of trainee’s grades in both formative and summative assessments. The enrolment of students joining institute for business related courses has dramatically increased. Good performance of internal and external exams has increased the absorption of students from the department in the job market. As department we wish to maintain and build strong partnerships with stakeholders of Kipsinende Institute to make training much relevant and also expand the scope and breadth of activities in the department.
Our doors are always opened for the students seeking assistance and advice, we will always endeavor to provide different alternatives towards various challenges facing trainees to enable the develop a variety of problem-solving skills and deeper understanding of issues. I call upon all my colleagues to continue embracing the open door and headed approach they have maintained so far. We are glad to be part of KTVC. To all trainees, the future is bright for the disciplined, resilient and prayerful students. All you need to do is believe that you can achieve great things, hold on to work towards realizing that believe.
The department offers the following academic programmes and courses:
Diploma levels Certificate levels
- Diploma in Applied Statistics Cert. in Applied Statistics
- Diploma in Supplies Chain Cert. in Supplies Chain Management
- Diploma in Secretarial and office Certificate in secretarial single & group studies
- Diploma in Accountancy- Certificate in Accountancy
- Diploma in Cooperative Certificate in Cooperative Management
- Diploma in Business Certificate in Business Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Marketing Certificate in Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in social work and Certificate in Social Work and
Community development. Community development
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Certificate in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Road Transport Certificate in Road Transport Management
- Artisan in Clerk/Typist.
- Artisan in Storekeeping